Team Registration FAQs
Interested in putting together a team for Hogs For The Cause this year? Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Gather your krewe
- Pick an incredible team name
- Choose your competition categories: Whole Hog, Ribs, Pork butt/shoulder, Porkpourri (anything pork), Sauce
- Choose your plot size: 10x10, 20x20, 40x40, 40x60, 40x80. Plot sizes quantities are limited and may be sold out by the time you register.
- For the 2024 festival, head to the TEAM REGISTRATION PAGE on October 2nd at 8AM to register! Registration is first-come-first-served, while plot sizes last.
Public registration opens Oct 2nd at 8am CT. You can register here: http://hogsfest.org/team-registration/.
Pro tip: Plot locations are largely picked on a first-come-first-served basis during the plot draft (based on when you register), so be sure to register quick to get the primo spots!
Regular teams can choose a plot size (tent not provided) with a pre-determined amount of wristbands included:
• 10x10 - 10 wristbands included
• 20x20 - 15 wristbands included
• 40x40 - 20 wristbands included
• 60x40 - 25 wristbands included
• 80x40 - 30 wristbands included
Each team enters to compete in 3 of 4 categories to qualify for grand champion. Note the sauce category does not count toward grand champion. Each team receives a $100 credit to purchase alcohol through Hogs For the Cause with their Registration.
For the regular competition:
Porkpourri (anything pork)
Bacon Dish (does not count toward grand champion)
Sauce (does not count toward grand champion)
Pick at least 3 categories (except sauce and bacon) to qualify for the grand championship.
Plots are assigned during the Plot Draft, which happens closer to the event. We'll get in touch with all the teams as the date approaches.
The order of the Plot Draft is determined largely by when you registered, so those that register first get a chance to choose better spots!
Yes, additional team wristbands can be purchased for an additional fee.
Roughly 150 samples for bacon night; 250 for the main event on Saturday.
Yes, it's a food festival after all! Competing in the categories is great, but feeding thousands of hungry fans is where the REAL glory is at.