Last updated: 05-13-2021
After a year’s break, we’re absolutely thrilled to bring our fans, teams, volunteers, and artists together again to raise money for an incredible cause.
The safety of our fans, staff, and artists is our number one priority, so we’ve been cooking up a plan that follows best practices from public health officials, local regulations, and event safety professionals. Please follow our guidelines when you are at Hogs For The Cause this year:
Keep your hands clean
Wash your hands with soap and water when using the restroom. Use our hand sanitizer stations located throughout the event frequently.
We ask you to follow state and local guidance regarding face masks. Currently, face masks are optional for outdoor events.
When possible, keep at least 6 feet of distance between your group and others.
Finally, we strongly recommend our guests read and follow the latest recommendations from the CDC on the prevention of COVID-19.
- Our site has moved to allow UNO Lakefront Arena to continue to operate a COVID testing site. This year we’ll be at the outdoor, 15-acre Plaquemines Parish Government Facility in Belle Chasse.
- We are limiting capacity to under 25%, far below the state recommended 50% limit.
- All guests, staff and artists will be expected to follow our latest policies. Hogs for the Cause has implemented measures that exceed all recommended guidelines by state and local health organizations to create a safe environment. Our safety policy will be updated routinely on the advice of our partners at Children’s Hospital, LCMC, Louisiana Department of Health, Louisiana State Fire Marshal, State of Louisiana, and Plaquemines Parish.
- Your Hogs wristband will be mailed to you to avoid box office lines. This is included in your ticket.
- To minimize contact, our event will be cashless and all food and drink will be paid by scanning your RFID wristband.
- Common ‘close quarter’ gathering areas, such as VIP sections, have been removed or rebuilt to allow for proper distancing.
- We are increasing the frequency of restocking supplies in our restrooms.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be distributed around the festival.
- Hogs is an outdoor event whose environmental conditions help mitigate potential transmission through degradation and dispersion (e.g., sunlight, wind, air circulation, temperature, humidity)
- We are adding signage across the festival to reinforce our policy.
- Additional safety precautions will be implemented to ensure we are meeting guidelines issued by health professionals.
We know that circumstances are fluid and we are committed to a transparent and honest process. That’s why we have implemented two key policies this year for our tickets:
- Should Hogs cancel due to a change in Louisiana’s phase status, all tickets will be refunded.
- Tickets this year will have no fees. What you see is what you get and your ticket is inclusive of wristband shipping, taxes and others.