2021 Changes & UpdatesMarch 10, 2021
Dear Hogs Fans,
One year ago today, we made the hard decision to cancel what was shaping up to be our most impactful festival yet. That’s why this next part feels so good to say… our festival returns this June 4th and 5th! To keep it safe for our fans, staff, teams and artists, things are going to look a little different this year:
- Our site has moved to allow UNO Lakefront Arena to continue to operate a COVID testing site. This year we’ll be at the outdoor, 15-acre Plaquemines Parish Government Facility in Belle Chasse. (get directions)
- All guests, staff and artists will be expected to follow our current safety policy, including wearing face coverings, temperature checks, and screenings. Hogs for the Cause has implemented measures that exceed all recommended guidelines by state and local health organizations to create a safe environment. Our safety policy will be updated routinely on the advice of our partners at Children’s Hospital, LCMC, Louisiana Department of Health, Louisiana State Fire Marshal, State of Louisiana, and Plaquemines Parish. You can review our full policy at HogsFest.org/Safety
- We are limiting ticket sales to 25% of the capacity restrictions, far below the state recommended 50% limit. Because of the limited capacity, ticket prices have increased. However, this year we are offering a payment plan to help spread out the cost.
- Your Hogs wristband will be mailed to you to avoid box office lines. This is included in your ticket. In fact, this year we have NO TICKET FEES whatsoever.
- Should we have to cancel due to a change in Louisiana’s phase status, all tickets will be refunded.
- To minimize contact, our event will be cashless and all food and drink will be paid for by scanning your RFID wristband.
We know this isn’t the same Hogs of years past but, if we all do our part, we’ll prove that we can gather responsibly and continue to support families who need our assistance.
Tickets are on sale now at HogsFest.org.
Let’s get on it, hoggone it.
Together we can do something great,
Becker Hall and Rene Louapre
Hogs for the Cause